Wednesday, February 9, 2011

which path you in

split the darkness we're crawling through
strike the hesitation that lies within
calculation and maintenance are selfish rules
the facts are bending, eliminate your expectations

i search for my true self
who's gathering the buds of the future we must turn to
i grab that hand to the tomorrow that light shines on
taking along my shadow
i'm sure that in the cold and dark rain
someone is saving us

if we connect the parallel lines
they'll become a wheel and change into a light
if i make a sound, i'll slip away from the world

this mass of SOS calls exhaust me
reality and future are so close
they're getting out of focus

i can still stretch out my hand
searching for the answer
inside the buds of the future we must turn to

if you try listening carefully
they're praying for light and waiting in a world we haven't seen yet
softly carrying their unease
i'm sure that if i get tired someday and want to erase everything
your voice will call me back

try looking closely
if the wind's direction changes a little, the weather clears
to the sign, to the tomorrow it points to
we can stagger on

i'm sure there's a small light just past this distorted world
it's not a thing where everything granted
but you're here

the wind is gently pushing at my back
myself from up until yesterday is pushing my back

yes, once we connect the ends of the parallel lines
they'll become a wheel of light

No comments:

Post a Comment